Marketing Firm: PMK-BNC and Javelin
To provide world-class staffing, project management and the highest quality of local brand ambassadors to promote a new range of high-tech Samsung consumer electronics in a mall setting. EPS provided technology-savvy product specialists, as well as a full-time dedicated in-office project team to provide in-depth project management and program coordination.
- The Program’s goal was to promote and demonstrate six high-tech Samsung electronic devices in a mall setting. Product Specialists then directed consumers to Samsung’s in-mall Store
- PMK-BNC and Javelin created experiential “footprints” in each mall; these centralized event spaces hosted passers-by as product specialists demonstrated the devices and generated interest.
- 10 major cities, 14 different mall locations
- All 14 Samsung ‘footprints’ operated all mall hours, 7 days per week for 10-12 weeks of continuous activation.
- All 14 Samsung ‘footprints’ operated all mall hours, 7 days per week for 10-12 weeks of continuous activation
- The program required detailed on-line reporting and metrics; over 196 reports were produced each week, or close to 2,000 throughout the program
- EPS screened, booked and managed over 350 tech-savvy, highly-trained product specialists who showcased the Samsung devices and encouraged consumer participation in interactive games and competitions.
- Approximately 8820 shifts were worked throughout the duration of the program (over 882 shifts each week.
- Dedicated EPS Internal Team: 8 full-time employees, including a Project Director, a Project Manager, and several Project Coordinators.
- Quick turn Program: EPS had just 2-3 weeks to ramp-up and hire product specialist teams prior to execution start.
- Large-scale Program: Large-scale hiring, on-boarding and talent management with over 350 product specialists hired and managed across the country.
- Specialty Staff: All product specialist candidates were vetted based their device-specific and general technology knowledge, as well as their social media involvement. EPS worked with our client to ensure the candidates’ were highly tech-savvy and had appropriate social media acumen.
- Talent Selection: EPS presented hundreds of candidates for our client to choose from, and included a full employee biography, photos and technology and social media statistics.
- On-line Reporting: EPS hosted and managed the collection of all in-depth field reports, which were compiled and archived via an EPS on-line database.
- Partnership: EPS consulted on best practices, helped develop staffing plans and coordinated staff member logistics to ensure the program’s success. EPS Project Director provided on-site spot checks and secret shopping to ensure EPS teams exceeded client expectations.
- Event activation: October – December, 2012; 3 full months
- Event times: Varied per location; all “footprints” activated all mall hours, 7 days per week
The Samsung Mall Program has significantly contributed to an increase in sales of Samsung’s technology products while increasing brand recognition and reemphasizing the company’s status as a leader in the industry.